We are looking for collections coordinator . Duties and responsibilities are as mentioned below .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contact customer accounts to ensure prompt payment is made in accordance with credit terms
• Minimize bad debt and facilitate the timely collection of payments on at risk or past due customers.
• Contact customers (external and internal) on past due accounts, resolve delinquent payment issues and ensure prompt payments.
• Maintain accurate and up to date account documentation, covering collections efforts, customer’s contact information and credit terms.
• Send Statements and letters to customer
• Initiate follow up calls to customers as necessary.
• Research and reconcile credit issues or discrepancies.
• Provides monthly collections reports
• Assist with related special projects, as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• 1-3 years of hands-on collections experience (preferably working in a high volume Accounts Receivable Department)
• College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree an advantage
• Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent negotiation and customer service skills required
• Solid computer skills with a variety of computer programs (Excel and other Microsoft products)
• Experience with accounting software programs preferred